Sunday, January 16, 2011

Challenge #34 of 99

The challenge: Make a layout with the title, "When life gives you lemons..."


So instead of making a layout I made a card. 
Cover: The card is a pre-cut white card from Michael's. I added the light blue and yellow cardstock. The lemons are from www. wendolonia.com she had created these lemons to be used as labels but I printed them on white cardstock and punched them out with my 1 1/2" circle punch. I added Tim Holtz Distressed Ink "Antique Linen" around the edges. The sentiment was printed of my computer using Microsoft Word. The polka-dots were created by using the eraser from a pencil has the stamp. I then stamped the eraser with VersaMark ink and then embossed with Stampendous clear embossing powder. The lemons were attached with 3-D pop-ups. I also used my corner punch to create the rounded edges


Inside: 
Again the words are from Microsoft Word printed onto white cardstock. Now the cup of lemonade..... this was a blast!!! I used the same lemon from the front. I cut a slit from the edge to the center. The lemonade was from yellow cardstock and cut with scalloped scissors. Edges were detailed with Prismacolor markers (thanks mom) the ice-cubes were cut from scraps and then I used Tim Holtz Distressed Ink "Boken China" to the edges. The straw was also scrap with red Prismacolor makers (red) to create the stripe look. The clear part of the glass was used from packaging. Can't remember what product the film ( i think it is also called acetate) is from but I seem to keep every thing knowing that someday i will use it :)Then I cut a slit to create the lip of the cup and then slid the straw and the lemon.
Hope you enjoyed and I will post more cards very soon :) 
Today was an early game (Bears won) so this means crafting the rest of the day :) I just love days off!!!
Have a safe and wonderful Sunday :)
Keep scrappin'

No comments:

Post a Comment