Monday, January 17, 2011

Happy Birthday Gramma :)

So my Grandmother's birthday is later this week and I made her a card.  My gramma is one of the greatest woman I know. I really hope she enjoys this card! Here it is...


I started out with a precut card from Michael's. I inked that with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "Antique Linen". Then, I cut out white card stock and inked it with ColorBox rose chalk ink and Michael's Brand of hot pink ink (it was in the $1 bin). Then, inked my Hampton Art Background stamp (#SC0163) with Tim Holtz "Antique Linen" and stamped the background on the pink. Then I trimmed the pink with brown "Sable" cardstock from The Paper Company. 

    

Now the Embellishments :)
1. The flourish stamp is from Rusty Pickle. I inked the stamp with Tim Holtz Distressed Ink "Walnut Stain"( I really love this ink if you couldn't tell) and then stamped onto the pink. I used the same ink to soften the edges around the pink. 
2. The roses. They are a stamp from a very old stamp set I got when I first started stamping and scrapbooking. The company name is "Combined Resources International". First, I stamped it with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with black embossing powder. Second, I colored it in with Prismacolor Markers. 
3. I cut out the top leaves and tossed them. I also cut the bottom ones off put kept them. I added pop-ups to the rose and snail glued the leaves directly to the card. 
4. "Happy Birthday" sentiment, was a stamp from Stampendous (also a really old stamp, think I might be dating myself with these stamps) inked with "Walnut Stain". I then added "Antique Linen" to the background and punched it out with my 1 1/2" circle punch. I then used double sided adhesive to attach it to more brown paper and cut it out with my scallop scissors. 

I hope she enjoys it!

~Keep scrapping :)

P.S. I missed numbered some of my challenges from the "layout Inspiration: 99 Challenges" I have re-numbered them and we should be good from here on out. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment