Sunday, January 23, 2011

Desktop Calendar

Morning!
So work has been busy and I'm so sorry about the delay on posts. I have the next two days off, and the husband is out of town so.... that's right... I get to craft for TWO days straight!
 Enjoy....


Products Used:
  • Bazzill Basic Paper: Patina
  • Cloud 9 "Love" stickers (from 2003)
  • Hampton Art Footlong: #SC0250-Flowers
  • American Crafts: Sixth Avenue #3923 "Gramercy Park"
  • Tim Holtz Distress Ink: "Broken China" & "Walnut Stain"
  • PrismaColor Markers
How I Created It:

  • Step 1: The base of the card: I follow Dawn on YouTube a lot! Her videos are so easy to follow along with. Here is the video for this card base. 
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldhKxcFkIjo

  • Step 2:  I used Tim Holtz "Walnut Stain" to distress the edges of the base.
  • Step 3: The calendar: I got it from www.catscreations.com. Then used my paper piercer to punch the holes in the corners for the brads. Then, snail adhesive to attach it to the blue cardstock that was distressed with TimHoltz "Broken China" ink. 


  • Step 4: The Sentiments: The flower was stamped onto white cardstock and then heat embossed with black embossing powder. I find using PrismaColor markers with the heat embossing keeps the inks from bleeding. I then cut the flower out and added pop-ups. The sticker: is a velum sticker that I stuck to cream cardstock and then distressed the edges with "Walnut Stain"


  • Step 5: The photo: This photo was takin' the night my husband asked me to marry him! I matted it with the same blue cardstock that I used on the calendar and distressed the edges with "Broken China".



Hope this has inspired you! Can't wait to see what you come up with :)


P.S. Go BEARS!

No comments:

Post a Comment