Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Valentine's Day in Jan???

Hello :) Happy Tuesday :)
So.... last night I started thinking about Valentine's Day. I know I know it is only Jan 4th but I need to get things done now so that I am not pulling out my hair on Feb 13th :) Also there is a challenge going on right now at twopeasinabucket.com and I did a layout. Enjoy......

My TP Challenge: "Use Old Product"
This 12x12 layout...
Product used:
Flourish stamps: Rusty Pickle "Flourish Haven"
The knot: ribbon from a present I got many many many years ago
The sentiment  is from Cloud 9 dated.... 2003! that's right 2003.
The roses were punched from old scrap paper. And I used Tim Holtz distressed ink "antique linen" on the cream paper, Color book chalk ink "rose" on the light pink paper and  Michael's $1.00 hot pink ink on the darker pink paper.

Now onto today :) took me no time at all to make these......

Both cards are 3x3 and perfect for a child to hand out in class.  They are also for sale :) message me and we can talk more details

I got to use a masking technique that i learned earlier last year :) Studio G stamp was used and pok-a-dot background gives it a little something something

   

For this card I used the same Studio G "love"stamp. Also I used rusty pickle flourish haven stamp. the embellishments were all Recollections (Michael's Brand). The ribbon was from a huge bow I got on a gift many years ago. I inked the smaller of the flowers with Tim Holtz fired brick red distressed ink and then on the bigger one i stamped a background script stamp from Hampton Arts using the same Tim Holtz ink.

I just love making cards for Valentine's Day.... just sooo much love around :)

Have a great night and don't forget to laugh today :)

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Cards 4 Our Troops shipped Valentines out the beginning of January....we were making them while others were having Christmas. We have to think a couple months in advance for holidays so that the cards have time to get to the troops & then time for them to send em home.

    ReplyDelete