Sunday, January 2, 2011

Bookmarks

Here are two bookmarks I made this Christmas as gifts...
This one was made for my best friend Hillary. She loves to read and I love that about her. We are both VERY big Disney fans (her more than I). While surfing the web I came across this quote and immediately thought of her. :) It measures 2" x 8"
  • The winnie-the-pooh clip art was from the net and colored with prismacolor markers
  • The quote was printed on white card stock and then distressed with Tim Holtz Antique Linen 
  • The border was done using some scrap brown card stock and then trimmed with some of those fancy cutting scissors 

The second bookmark........

was made for my sister-in-law. She loves dragonflies and loves to read too. It measures 2" x 8"
Product used:
  • water paper was scrap :)
  • dragonfly was stamped with one of those $1.00 foam stamps from Michael's 
  • the flowers were two 8 petal marvy punch 1 white and 1 white with either studio g purple ink or         colorbox cateye chalk inks
  • rocks were scrap grey paper inked with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distressed Ink and then covered with glossy accents.


As you can tell I went to the scraps bags, so go thru yours and see what you got.... you never know :)

Have a great night every one :)

1 comment: