Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Look what I got :)

So since its the begnining of the month Hero Arts has new challenges for the month of March! This month is Birthday Cards, Stamped Envelopes and Stamped Layered Technique. So I thought.....
New month, new challenge, new stamp???? Why not :) So I headed to Michael's (closest scrapbooking supply store i have :p) and bought this....


and here are some cards I have done in the past two days with this stamp set :) enjoy :)


This card is 3 3/4"by 5 1/4" finished. I used DCWV designer paper that I got from JoAnn's (on sale). All cardstock used is from Michael's (Recollection). Stamps from Hero Arts (CL139).

Starting with a brown base I inked the whole card with Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink. I then added the designer paper. The white border was created with white cardstock trimmed with scalloped scissors and inked with Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress ink. The sentiment was created with scrap white, pink and orange cardstock. I first stamped the "it's your birthday stamp" onto pink cardstock and cut it out. Then, added pop dots to the back. The orange circle was punched out with a 1 1/2" circle punch and the dots were created with a white gel pen. I then added the sentiment to a solid white cardstock scrap and cut it out with the same scallop scissors. The cake stamp is from the same collection and colored in with Crayola markers.

This card was inspired by a print I saw on a bed set at my work. The poppies were made from red cardstock with Tim Holtz Fired Brick Distress Ink applied all over, and for the center I just used a black marker and added Glossy Ascents to them. 
There is more to come so please come back and see more :)



P.S. January 31st was national Levi day... in honor I made this birthday card. That's right.... that lollipop flower and leaves are made from an old pair of my jeans. For the coloring I used... of course... Tim Holtz Distress Inks. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these inks :) The "birthday wishes" is a stamp from Hero Arts. 



No comments:

Post a Comment