Tuesday, July 23, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #110

So for all of us born in 1983 this year is a BIG one. We are all turning 30! So I was really I mean really happy to see that this week's challenge for Cas-Ual Fridays was
cfc110
  "Count Me Down"
Since one of my best friends turned 30 this week ....Happy Dirty Thirty Linden..... I knew this challenge and the card I already had on my to-do list would be perfect :)

So here is the card I made for her :)
yup that's right.. 30 Rocks! hahaha sorry I still think it is so funny! ok ok ok back to business. For the rocks all I did was grab some watercolor paper and my Tim Holtz Distress Markers and just went to town. First I started with the lightest color of brown and doodled some round "rock" shapes. Then added water to the outline. Added shading as carelessly as I could. I was going for the natural look and did not want the rocks to look "perfect" so that is why I went with the "careless" approach. Some of the rocks I popped up and on those I used glossy accents to add some shinny :)

I hope you enjoy this card as much as I did/do. And don't forget to go and check out Cas-Ual Friday's blog to see all the other wonderful work that was created for this challenge.

5 comments:

  1. super cool, fun, unique and great card!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays! :)
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I LOVE the pun! So cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Literally speaking, this is a very cute and fun card :), and beautiful too, I love rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, what a wonderfully original card!! Your friend will absolutely LOVE it! Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete