Thursday, July 4, 2013

What I have been up to...

So the last time I posted anything was back in March! WOW that was way too long ago. Things have been good crazy. I started a new job and I LOVE it! Many birthdays have been celebrated (good friends baby turned 1 and I turned 30). Crafting when ever I can get a chance. Unfortunately have had passing in the family, but so blessed to have known them. I have so many cards that I have done that I'm thinking it will be easier to just do more of a photo post... I'll put a supplies list under each photo. Please enjoy.....
Sympathy Card
Hero Arts "Tall Flower K5431" and "Friends CL351"I used color pencils and baby oil to color in the flower. The black "lattice" effect was done with a border punch from Michael's

Happy Birthday Morty :)
Hero Arts "Birthday Messages CL139" I used Bic Markers to color in the images... (to get a shadow effect I just added more layers with the marker) The other stamps are from the Recollections collection at Michael's, no name was on it so I will call it "Jungle Time"


Thank You
Lawn Fawn "Judy's Bloom" colored in with Tim Holtz Worn Lipstick Distress Ink Markers on watercolor paper. Studio G "Thank you very much" it was one of those $1 stamp (gotta love those). The pattern paper is also Recollections collection at Michael's. The grey wood grain strip was created by using Hero Arts "Designer Wood grain" background stamp with Versa Mark ink and clear embossing powder. 

Before and After Coffee Mug... (got the mug from my job at the time...wish I picked up some more)
Yup that's right, I finally did a pin that I have seen ALL OVER Pinterest. I used a Sharpie paint pen from Michael's ($3.50ish), a stencil, a pencil and most importantly a oven. 1) clean surface with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol! 2) use stencil and pencil to trace out design. 3) color in image with Sharpie paint pen 4) place item on a cookie sheet in a COLD oven then turn oven to 350 degrees. Set timer for 30 minutes 5) DO NOT REMOVE the item when the timer goes off! Turn oven off and let it sit there till oven is cool (mine took about 2 hrs) Then admire your work :)  Now that it is July the paint has held up pretty well, the only thing is that the paint is not as bright... I'm sure a new coat will do the trick. 

Happy Birthday Lisa
This card was so clean, simple and quick :) The striped paper and the blue are from the paper stack I got at Michael's. The happy birthday sentiment is from Hero Arts "Birthday Messages" (great set) stamped in Versa Mark ink and white embossing powder. The three little dots were done using the white enamel accents. The paper that the sentiment is on was white card stock that I used the ink to paper technique with Tim Holtz Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink Pad.
Welcome To Your New Home
This year a good friend of mine and her husband bought their first home :) :) :) Was so happy making this card. I used the "Sweet Home" set from Neat and Tangled. All paper was scrap paper I had around. The roof and the door where done using the wood grain background from hero arts and then paper pieced everything :) 

I hope you have enjoyed the photos. If you have any questions please ask :) and most importantly... Happy 4th of July.

More photos to come hopefully this weekend :) :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment